Friday, September 4, 2009

Quick and easy Mixed vegetable soup


Have been down with a real bad cold for last two days - no not swine flu, thank God !

What can be better than a hearty cup of soup when you are feeling all congested. I had already put the bread for baking and that smell of fresh bread was urging me to have it with some hot and steaming soup. Since the kids and D are not letting me do anything and advising me bed rest, I sneaked into the kitchen when they were out and quickly made this soup to go with the bread.
Boil half packet ( 1/2 kg ) mixed vegetable - One chunky mix veg packet was there in my freezer: Brocolli, beans, potato, carrots etc in a pan with lot of water.
I also chopped one onion and 2 cloves of garlic into the boiling water.
When the vegetables soften, let it cool. Take the veges out and put in a blender.
Pour it back in the pan which had the water you boiled your veges in.
Add salt, black pepper powder to your taste and a pinch of turmeric powder.
Since I had a cold and wanted it more spicy, I added 2 tablespoon rasam powder in it ( that gave it a really good taste too )
Add 2-3 tablespoon milk and stir.
Let it boil to the consistency you like.
Chop some coriander leaves in it.
I had my home made mix veg soup, with freshly baked home made bread and some home made sprouts to add a little bit of crunch to my soup !


2 comments: